Monday, July 9, 2012

Michael and Madison

As a family we debated on what we should do about our kids names.  Should we keep their names the same...should we give them American names?   Claude is a name you hear (not often, but it's not that unusual).  However, Mithe-Love is a different story.  She has a name that when you look at it, you can't figure out how to pronounce it.  I had always said that I would name my children something people can pronounce...believe me, I've had my name mispronounced a 1000 times.  We decided to give them new American first names and their Haitian names would stay as their middle names...it's the best of both worlds. Well, let me tell you that it was much easier naming our first 3 children.  Why?  Because we didn't have other children putting in their "two cents worth".  MANY names were tossed around... MANY names were tossed out!  Then it happened...we agreed on a name... Michael Claude Jensky Finch.  We had narrowed Mithe-Love's name down to 3 possibilities.  However, when I went to the US Embassy to file our I600 in Haiti, I found out that I needed to put their new names on one of the forms.  I couldn't text Dwight for his opinion since my phone was in the car (you can't take phones into the Embassy), so it was up to me to decide.  Her name is Madison Mithe-Love Finch :)


No comments:

Post a Comment