Saturday, August 18, 2012

What are your three words?

I can't believe the summer is about to end and the school year is gearing up.  We've already started with all of the school activities...show choir camps have already begun and soccer (x2) has been in full force for a couple of weeks now.  I'm always on the run, sometimes I think I'm going crazy,  but I must admit that I absolutely love watching my kids enjoy what they do in each of their activities!  With school starting...that means I also head back to work... with mixed emotions.  Don't get me wrong, I do love my job..all the incredible kids that I get to work with and the amazing staff too.  However I'll miss the slow pace of summertime and getting to spend more time with my children :)

Our first task of the school year (taken off the TV show Good Morning America) was to come up with "My Three Words".  Three words that describe me...my feelings...my attitude...everything about me.  Anyone who is around me long enough knows the one thing I always say..."It's All Good".  Could those be my three words?  It's sounds like me, my feelings & my attitude.  Then after thinking about it...I decided those are three good words, but there's more to me.  Then it came to me... "Blessed Beyond Belief"... that really sums it up so much more!  To start with I am so truly blessed with such an amazing family...my parents, my brother, my husband of almost 17 years and our 5 children.  Not to mention my extended family... my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws and everyone else.  What about my friends...my best friend of 28 years (yes, we met our freshman year of high school). So many friends to mention...those I see often and those I haven't seen in years...each and every one of them are a blessing to me!  Most importantly, I am blessed to know, love and worship the one true God. I know God has a plan for our family.  He has lead our family down a path called adoption...it is a long journey with lots of waiting and wondering.  We know it will all happen in His timing and at the end of the journey we will be blessed to call Michael & Madison our children.  So, yes... Blessed Beyond Belief are my three words!

To catch everyone up, here is a glimpse of how our school year ended, how our summer went and how our school year begins again:

FHS Pure Elegance at The Grand Ole Opry














One Girl Revelotion
Show Choir Nationals Grand Champions!













Haley's Last Band Concert


Pep Talk before game time (Freshman Team)
First High School Soccer Game
Nick- playing drums in 6th grade band
Soccer Tournament- on the field
Division Champions!
Haley ran the Jenny Evans 5K
They took pictures of themselves :)
We hung out at Myrtle Beach

We went to the Reds Game...yes every picture is of Zack Cozart

We played Putt-Putt
We went to visit the kids in Haiti


The kids already have him dressed in Red's attire
Took them pictures of the family waiting at home for them
We simply enjoyed our time together










































































































No comments:

Post a Comment